14 minutes from the hotel
Straddling four departments (Côte d'Or, Nièvre, Saône et Loire and the Yonne), the Morvan Regional Natural Park "green lung of Burgundy" is a magnificent playground for outdoor sports enthusiasts Many activities are proposed to thrill such as rafting, canoeing, climbing, mountain biking, adventure trailing, orienteering ... And more serenely, swimming, pedalos and fishing are also possible activities.
You will be won over by the diversity and beauty of its landscapes which can be admired from the crest route with an exceptional view of the high plateaus of the Morvan. The show is guaranteed. Crossed by majestic forests of deciduous trees, conifers and charming villages, nature is majestic.
Along the many marked trails (3600 km of routes), the Morvan reveals its remarkable natural sites:
- magnificent lakes (Pannecière-Chaumard, Settons, Saint-Agnan, Crescent ...) and picturesque gorges (Narvau and Canche);
- the Lac du Griottier Blanc, very popular with fishermen;
- La Roche des Fées, a curious natural accumulation of granite masses
- the Rocher de la Pérouse, the highest point in the Yonne department, hidden in the forest.
Land of history and legends, the Morvan can also be discovered around atypical places, superb castles and prestigious towns.
- Bibracte, which offers a journey through time in the footsteps of Vercingetorix and Julius Caesar with its museum of Celtic civilization and its archaeological site
- Mont Beuvray, from which you can admire a panoramic view of the entire Morvan
- the castle of Bazoches, residence of Vauban; that of Chastellux and Chassy from the 17th century.
- the fortified Roman town of Avallon
- Vézelay, the eternal hill ...townof Art listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site with its superb basilica.
A few steps from our hotel, the Church of Saint-Georges and its 112 elements of sarcophagi from the Merovingian period, over which a mystery still hovers, offers itself to the curious visitor.
A little further on, the Sainte-Marie-de-la-Pierre-qui-Vire abbey, a Benedictine monastery erected in the heart of the forest, is worth a detour ...
Le Morvan, a must-see tourist destination for your next vacation ...
Other ideas for leisure and outings:
- 12km away: Rafting in Chalaux
- 14 km away: Espace Saint-Brisson (40ha), headquarters of the Maison du Parc du Morvan, with its ecomuseum, its museum on the Resistance, its herbularium and its educational trail.
- 40km away: Noyers-sur-Serein, medieval city is one of the most beautiful villages in France
- 47km away: Château-Chinon, pretty little town renowned for its attachment to President François MITTERRAND
The Abbey of Pierre-qui-Vire is located in the town of Saint-Léger Vauban, 8 km from Quarré-les-Tombes.